Sandy Palmer, E-RYT200, RYT500
- My journey with yoga began in 1977, paused and restarted in 1994.
- I received my 200 hour teacher training in Satsang Yoga in 2008 and continue to explore the different paths of yoga through various trainings. I am registered with Yoga Alliance, and have been teaching since 2006. I have more than 1,000 hours of experience. I participated in Yoga for Arthritis, Level 1 Teacher Intensive, and incorporate what I learned in all classes.
- My interests include conscious movement through aging and brain development. How the brain, body and spirit work together amazes me. Yoga relaxes the mind while energizing and strengthening the body. Deep breathing and gentle stretching creates the space for the mind, the body and the spirit to consciously unit.
- Yoga can be for almost everyone. It improves flexibility and health and reduces stress.
- My focus is on breath and then proper alignment.
- Instruction is always adjusted to the needs of the student.
Jamie Blessinger, E-RYT500
Jamie Blessinger is a big part of the Wise Mountain Yoga. Jamie is a 500-hour graduate of PranaVinyasa School of yoga and with over 2000 yoga teaching hours. She is an ERYT500, (Experienced Yoga Teacher with 500 Hours of Teacher Training). She teachers a wide variety of populations with varying needs. Jamie has a specialty in the yogic approach to Stress Management and also specialty training in Pre and Post Natal Yoga. Yoga permeates Jamie’s entire being. The great impact yoga has had on her life influences her to help others enjoy its benefits as well. Jamie believes that yoga benefits everybody. She teaches the Thursday 5:30 class. Jamie is the lead teacher for the Certified Yoga School, Yoga for Every Body.
Kappy G. Lapides, RYT200
Kappy Lapides began her yoga journey in college and became certified after completing Yoga for Every Body. She is an RYT200 and is working toward becoming an RYT500. She is the yoga instructor for the City of Pigeon Forge and the Pigeon Forge Community Center. She has been teaching Yoga in the Parks on Saturdays for the Community Center and teaches throughout the week at the Center. She also substitutes for Wise Mountain Yoga on a regular basis. Her classes are fun and motivating.