So my new thing to write about is how to put oneself first (believe me, I need to do this for myself too).
1. Each day for a few days I'm going to try to post an idea for how to put yourself first. I'd love some help too. Today: Start you day with something that feels good for example a nice, hot cup of coffee or tea.
2. Every day take some time to meditate, even if it's only for one minute. Or take some long deep breaths, especially if you feel anxious or annoyed. Did you know that knitting is a form of meditation? This is part of putting yourself first.
3. Read an inspiring poem from an actual book.
4. Sleep in every once in a while.
5. Stop, breathe, and focus on you.
6. A good way to take care of yourself is to get a pedicure or a manicure. It's so relaxing. I fell asleep in the chair the last time I got a pedicure.